Sunday 25 September 2016

Appropriate approval

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10 ESV

As servants of Christ we all need a little encouragement, validation and approval. But it's important that we look for it in the right place. Paul here makes an astonishing claim. If the source of his approval and validation came from man he would have given up already!

It is a good test of one's own heart to ask of our activities and our service: Am I doing this to please man or to please God? Am I expecting some recognition or respect from man, or the satisfaction of knowing I have pleased the heart of God? What keeps me going? Is it the hope of a pat on the back from my fellow ministries or the knowledge of a "Well done good and faithful servant" from my heavenly master.


No comments:

Post a Comment